Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cranberry Breakfast Bread


This is one of my favorite holiday recipes. I made four this year, two to take to my family for Thanksgiving and two to take to my boyfriend's family. So far they are going over very well. Here is an e-mail from my grandma.

Kel, we just finished off the cranberry cake and have voted it dessert of the year. This time I melted a little ice cream"in error" and poured it on the cake. WOW is it good.

The recipe is below. I have found that it usually takes a bit longer to bake than the recipe says.

p.s. I don't know why I can't get the bottom picture to turn upright. It is upright until it loads onto blogger. Also, I can't figure out how to get the underlining off the top paragraph but my boyfriend, his mom and brother are waiting on me to play cards so I must go. Enjoy the recipe nonetheless! Happy Thanksgiving.



Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 C sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted and cooled
2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 C flour
2 overflowing cups of fresh cranberries*
1/2 C chopped pecans or almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan. Using an electric
mixer, beat sugar and eggs in a large bowl until slightly thickened, about 2
minutes. Beat in melted butter and almond extract. Add flour and stir
until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts by hand. Pour into
prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted into center comes clean, about
50 -60 minutes. Cool and enjoy.

*If you need to use frozen cranberries, do not thaw.


No comments: