Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ringing Out the Old Year


New Year's Eve!


Adrian wanted to cook for me to celebrate our first new year's eve together!

(Last new year's eve is when he asked me if I'd like to meet in person for the first time after our e-mail and phone conversation of a couple months!)


I went over to my friend Jenni's house to visit and get ready so he could cook and get everything ready for me.


When I came home he was all dressed up in my favorite shirt of his. He went all out for me! Everything was so wonderful!


He set the table exquisitely, even ironing the tablecloth! He bought tulips for me, my favorite flower. He planned a four course meal for me and also included the hard Italian breadsticks I like that you can duel with at the table. :) To drink we had a variety of Izze bottled sparkling fruit juices on ice in a silver bucket on a cut glass platter. I love how he knows details are a big deal to me!

Our dinner together was sooo much fun! I really enjoyed myself and enjoyed being spoiled. :) I am thankful for a wonderful boyfriend!


Here is our menu that he had sitting out on the table for me when I got there!

The table set for our first course


This was our first course. These are little tiny bell peppers with soft French cheese (garlic and herb and tomato basil) piped inside in two different patterns. He made this! Impressive!

The second course, Insalata Caprese! Yum! Didn't he do a nice job of the presentation?


He also served it up really well!


At one point I walked into the "powder room" and this sight greeted me beside the sink. Really? Who thinks of everything like this? I felt so special!

Main course: Italian style spinach and filet mignon with green peppercorn cream sauce
Delicious!


My chef for the evening. He did good!


The finishing touch!
Three types of gelato with fresh blackberries in the cream soup bowls he gave me for my birthday

Happy New Year!


10 comments:

Jenni said...

yummmm!! he definitely did good....

Anonymous said...

Seriously amazing - how sweet!! And who thinks of flowers in the "powder room?" What a great way to celebrate the holiday!

(I came from your comment on my blog where you found me on the Engage blog - looking forward to getting to know you more!)

Stephanie said...

What a great boyfriend you have! Everything looks so yummy!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. After looking at a few of your posts, you haven't changed a bit when it comes to your creativity. God's given you a wonderful gift.

Have a wonderful 2008! I look forward "popping in" on you on occasion!

Deborah said...

Oh my word!! What a sweetie you have (not to be confused with your grandmother).

If anyone deserves a guy with attention to detail, it's you, my friend. I'm still not quite convinced he's good enough for you, but then again, who would be? ;)

I love you, friend, and I'm so happy for you. As much as I'd love to meet him in person, I feel like I'm getting to know Adrian through your blog--and he's REALLY great!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

jaime s said...

Uhhhhh! I-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e!!! I am so impresed, I can't even think of enough words to describe how impressed I really am!!

Way to go, Adrian!

P.S. I must say that I'm a little disappointed that "daisies" aren't your favorite flower.

Happy New Year! I'm glad I found your blog thru Jenni's. It's been fun to read about you and Adrian occasionally!

Sarah B said...

Looks awesome! A great way to ring in the new year. Thanks for sharing.

Pearson Family said...

Holy Cow! Now that is impressive!

Kate McDonald said...

Looks like it was fun! I am so glad you joined the journey! thanks for sharing!

Sandi said...

Looks like you've got yourself a winner!! What a beautiful dinner.

Lura said...

That is very cool. He is one in a million for sure! I enjoyed seeing your pantry pictures and getting some ideas of my own!