Tuesday, July 29, 2008

a prayer, memory lane, etc.


From my Bible reading last night:

"As for us, the LORD is our God, and we have not forsaken him." II Chronicles 13:10
"Men of Israel, do not fight against the LORD, the God of your fathers, for you will not succeed." II Chronicles 13:12
" . . . the men of Judah were victorious because they relied on the LORD, the God of their fathers." II Chronicles 13:18

Father God, please help me not to forsake You in my busyness. Help me to rely on You in everything and trust You for the working out of all of the details in my life, big and small. Thank You for Your love and grace. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


a little over a year ago Adrian and I took a trip to New Mexico to visit his family there

His cousins made some beautiful bling for me and it was joked about to Adrian that that was the size rock I would need.

The people who took this picture for us asked us if we were on our honeymoon. uh . . . no . . .
We'd only been dating about three months at the time!

You never know what God has in store just around the corner!
Now I do have a beautiful ring on my finger from Adrian and our honeymoon is coming up!

As far as the to do list:
My friend Rachel came over last night and brought dinner (!) and we talked through many plans, gathered up supplies, etc. We made some decisions about the stuff to throw and narrowed down the "going away". We pretty much decided to nix a thing or two as well. There's only so much one can do and just because "everyone" has such and such these days doesn't mean everyone has to!

My friend Darla came over this morning and brought lunch! Her sweet little nine month old son was even dressed in a shirt that matched the wedding colors. I see our wedding colors all over the place now!

These friends were so sweet to bring meals since the kitchen is already all packed up for the big move this weekend.

Thank you friends!

My friend Erin came over this afternoon and we did two fun wedding crafty projects and got dessert at La Madeleine! :)

Thank You God for good friends! Amen. Kelly

2 comments:

Amy@Fiancé Meeting You Here said...

You guys are a really cute couple. Great post!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

"We made some decisions about the stuff to throw and narrowed down the "going away". We pretty much decided to nix a thing or two as well. There's only so much one can do and just because "everyone" has such and such these days doesn't mean everyone has to!"

Amen! I'm a fan of simplifying, especially in areas that aren't especially important to you... which is exactly why we chose to simply be sent off from our wedding reception with prayer led by my dad rather than throwing this and that and the other! It seemed like a lot of prep (hello, little bags of bird seed/flower petals) for something that I didn't care about.