Wednesday, September 10, 2008

personal shopping

I'm starting to think about packing for the honeymoon.  We don't want to be paying a billion dollars just for our luggage (grrrr . . .)  and we're trying to each take a carry-on piece of actual luggage.  So . . . I need a purse that qualifies as a personal item and yet is still a bit larger than my normal purse to take on the plane.  Anyone seen anything cute in the stores for cheap?  I'm not up for spending a lot of time shopping for this.  Thanks!  Kelly

6 comments:

Amy@Fiancé Meeting You Here said...

I just bought a HUGE tote-like bag at TJ Maxx. It was $14.99 and it's probably 36"x36". It was a life-saver on my last flight. It's a super cute black on black damask print!

jennyc said...

I always stick my little purse inside a tote bag and I've never had problems. I also learned the hard way that it's cheaper to take 2 smaller bags per person instead of 1 big bag per couple because if the weight is over 50# then there is a $50 charge each way...ouch!

P.S. Love the programs as the chair decorations.

Jacquie said...

I have one you can borrow!

Love the idea of hanging the programs on the chairs! So cute!

And adorable cookies!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

How fun to think of honeymoon plans....they let me on the plane with 2 "huge" purses...really they were totes.

abc said...

Just saw some cute totes at Old Navy for about $14 I think. So cute I wished I needed them, but I already have the perfect travel tote that used to be my teacher bag.

Karen said...

Did you see the tote that Aunt Kim had when we were there this weekend? It was from Sam Moon so automatically qualifies as cute and cheap.