Thursday, November 20, 2008

a first!


I had kind of wished I had been tagged before (which is kinda weird for me since I am the girl who will delete every recipe exchange e-mail I get, etc.) and now I have been.

The way this tag works is that you go to your fourth picture folder and go to the fourth photo and post it and write four things about it. Fun!

I loved the anticipation of finding out what my fourth/fourth photo was going to be. And I am excited that it is such a fun one for me to share with you.

1. Yep, that's a cereal box and it's hanging on my old front door. :)

2. I used to host a small group from my church on Sunday nights. We would have dinner together every week. (There is power in being around the dinner table sharing food and fellowship, people. I am a big believer in this.)

3. Is anyone else like me when you walk up and down the cereal aisle? Do you sometimes want to try new things but the thought of busting nearly FOUR dollars out of your wallet makes you hold back and stick to the tried and true?

4. We decided to have cereal night with my small group and it was such a hit we decided to do it about once a quarter. Here's how it works and you can host your own cereal night!

The hostess provides bowls and spoons. You can work it out if you want the hostess to provide the milk or if you want a guest of two to bring milk. Then everybody brings a box of cereal, something new to try, childhood favorite, whatever and everyone pours a bowl or two or five to eat for dinner! It is greatness!

Have you ever done anything like this? If you try it I would love to hear about it. What is your favorite "guilty pleasure" cereal? Mine's Lucky Charms. :)

Happy Thanksgiving! Kelly


p.s. I tag anyone else who like me always wanted to be tagged but hasn't ever been.
Let me know if you're participating. I'd love to come over and see your fourth picture. :)


5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I was there! Those were fun times...I sure do miss that small group. It was a long time ago....you were a GREAT hostess!!! Can't wait to see your new home!!! Have a great thanksgiving!

swell.life said...

oh this is such a cute idea! i used to love lucky charms...and remember when rice krispies had marshmallows in them too?

thanks so much for your sweet & encouraging comments on my blog! i think that any sort of change can be tough and super uncertain...i remember having these sorts of feelings when we first got married too! but you'll look back and have such fond memories of these first months and years together. it's probably a wonderful thing that we don't know every detail of what's to come in life. the surprises and experiences are what make it interesting, and sometimes just bearable! but God sure knows our futures, and that's so reassuring!

Ashley said...

what a cool picture for the tag!! You definitely get the creative award!:)

Deborah said...

How many times have I said this very phrase when I've commented on your blog??: I LOVE this idea!

I did a "breakfast for dinner" potluck at my house with our small group once, but the cereal sounds so much more fun. Plus, you get to know things about people based on the types of cereal they choose.

BTW, I'm boring and my favorite cereal has always been Honey Nut Cheerios--yep, even as a baby!

Karen said...

I guess that explains why when you come home for a visit, I always buy those mini boxes assortment of cereal. Remember when I had to buy lots of those to make a game for Bible class and you and J thought it was so great because I never splurged on those back then? Good memories!