Sunday, January 11, 2009

DONE with the craft room . . . for now

I started to become overwhelmed with the PILES of stuff in the guest room/about to become "craft room" and wanted to have it ALL *right now*.  I wanted the organized/cute/decorated/brightly colored/coordinated craft room that would make my blog readers proud.  :)  (oh why do we think about what others will think?)  

Then after a few starts at making this grand vision happen, I realized that I just had to get everything in a place, some place.  Then, as Flylady would say, I can declutter it a little at a time, organize and decorate! 

So, here you have the craft room as it is now, in pictures.

It is a delightful room to be in and we both hung out in here together tonight.  Adrian with his laptop and me with some sewing.  It was so nice!

I have completed (and cleaned up from) my first craft in here!  So much fun!  

Without further ado . . . the photos:  






who would have guessed games, glue guns, tags for wrapping packages 
and picture frames are contained within?  



















If you have pictures of your craft room/spare bedroom/similar space, I would love to see them for inspiration as I go forward.  Leave a link in your comment!  :)  Thanks!  Kelly

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, that is top notch organization. I am envious and wish my crafts were in such order.

Jenni said...

so fun....can't wait to see it in person!

sara said...

Hi! Love your craft room! The chalkboard is adorable.

I found a post with string and circles- not sure if if is what you are looking for....

http://sara-mincy.blogspot.com/2008/12/december-birthdays.html

Thanks for your comment! I am glad to meet you and find your fun blog!

Jacquie said...

I love it and I am totally jealous!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Love that sunlight streaming through the window! I am in awe of your craft supply stash. Wow! I think the more you use your craft room the more it will take on the colorful, creative look you want. At least now you are organized; that is the first, huge step!

Amy L said...

Mine is in progress, but I'll share a couple of links to my dream craft rooms!

http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/heather_bailey/2007/02/the_studio.html

http://www.modishblog.com/modish/2008/06/handmade-spaces.html

Deborah said...

INCREDIBLE! My favorite parts are the color-organized crayon jar, the My Little Pony, and the red and blue vintage lunchboxes/cases!

...oh yeah, and anytime you write the word "squiggles", it's a guaranteed smile from your old roomie. (That's just REAL fun!)

Karen said...

Can't wait to come and see you and stay in the guest/craft room. Do you think if I sleep in there, it will transform me into a crafty person?

Rachel said...

Adorable, as always, Kelly!

Miss you, friend!