Thursday, January 29, 2009

I work at a florist . . . hee hee . . . just kidding


but I sure do feel like one.  

I am starting to feel like my real self again.  Hooray!  When I went to the grocery store to get my Rx I did some grocery shopping and got some flowers too.  It is cold and icy and foggy around here and I wanted to bring some sunshine and growing things inside.  
(Well, I guess technically these are no longer growing since they're cut flowers, but you know what I mean!)

This top arrangement is in our bathroom.  I always like flowers in bathrooms.  So cheerful and refreshing.  Sunflowers can be rather unwieldy at times and these were no exception.  I was happy with the arrangement when I got done with it but I still felt it could use "a little something".  I hadn't yet thrown away the stems from the flowers below so I stuck them in adding height, a bit of "flair" and the added bonus of propping those flowers exactly where I wanted them rather than them flopping around in the vase with their top heavy blooms. 


These flowers are in the living room.  I wanted to get the most bang for my buck so I split the group of three stems between two vases.  But then they still needed "a little something" (once again).  hmmm . . . I spotted my herb garden
and snipped off a bit of rosemary for the bottom vase and added a ribbon from my stash and some tendrils of oregano (?) for the above vase.  It was so fun to do!  What about you, have you done anything creative or fun today?  Pictures, pictures!  I'd love to see it and hear about it!  Kelly


Thank you, God for beautiful flowers to brighten our days!  Amen.  

6 comments:

Lorilee said...

Beautiful! So perfect for the dreary cold! I love fresh flowers.
Blessings,
Lorilee

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Great ideas here. Loved the Rosemary combined with the flowers. And LOVED the vintage vase you put them in.

I scrolled down just a bit to see your Craft Room. Last September or October (I think) I posted about my guest room that I convert into a craft studio when it is not being used. It was called "Presto-Change-O, my Workspace". Soon, I hope to have links to my archives on my side-bar.
Have a great weekend.

Sandi said...

I think I might have to have you come help me decorate my new home when I get one.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love sunflowers!!! Thank you for brightening up my day with that picture.

donna

Rachel said...

Those arrangements look great! What a refreshing site at this time of the year!

jubilee said...

Lovely.

But you could work for a florist!