Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day thrifting





I don't know about you but I really like to read blog posts where people show things they've found at thrift stores, garage sales, etc.  I'm not even really quite sure why I like it so much but if you think you might like it too, check out thisthisthis, this and this and see if it's not fun!

So yesterday, one of the many things we did as we had a day of adventure together exploring our own city was to go into a thrift store that we stumbled upon.  I saw the rows of linens hanging pretty quickly and wandered over to take a look.  I found vintage tablecloths!!!  I have bought them at flea markets or antique stores but never have been the one to uncover such gems at a thrift store!  One was $2.49 and the others were $2.99!!!  How amazing!  I am used to seeing them for $20-$30 at antique stores and quietly admiring them and then just leaving them there.  This was a happy day!  

Aren't those pink and red roses above just wonderful for Valentine's Day?

Look at these sweet roses and ribbons?  So soft and feminine.  

I love the so sophistication of the gray.  :)  
And I walked by this 25th anniversary glass several times.  Why do I need a 25th anniversary glass?  We're only 4 months into our marriage.  Everyone I could think of is past the 25 year mark or is far from it.  hmmm . . . something about it though  just tugged at my heart strings and I finally put it in my basket.  
I also bought this plate for hanging on the wall and a few gifts but of course I can't show those finds in case the recipients read this.  :)  
Hope you're having a good weekend!  Kelly

5 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Those tablecloths are beauties!

Lorilee said...

I stopped in our Goodwill store recently. I saw a few dishes that were interesting, but they were priced at $4.99 each for salad plate sized camping plates. I felt the items were not enough of a bargain since I didn't really need them. Your tablecloths are a wonderful find!
Blessings,
Lorilee

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

I'm another who loves seeing people's thrifted finds--my sister calls it 'second hand second hand.' Those tablecloths are real beauties, you definitely scored!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! ;o) I found yours just today via my saved search on thrifting on Google Reader. Meet lots of nice thrifters that way!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Did I ever comment about how excited I am that you did your first big coupon clipping? :) During Dec. I fell off the wagon, but am back in full force....I've got to get some pictures up about it to get every one going again. :)
Yea for the fun finds. Those table cloths are amazing.