Saturday, July 4, 2009

ideas needed

Remember this post?

Well, I have these two old chairs out on the balcony. It's a nice little set-up actually except that the brown chair is not very friendly to sit in. :)

Can you see the split down the seat. Your skin can get pinched in there and it hurts!
It's not very practical to try to fix that existing seat so I'm ready to do something else.

This is where you guys come in.
I have thought about cutting a circle out of it and turning it into a planter. Always fun, but is it too overdone? Are there other fabulous ideas out there that I just can't think of at the moment? Have you seen anything neat done with an old chair? I would love to hear your ideas of what I should do with it and especially if you have a photo on your blog or one you can link to of a great old chair make-over I would be much obliged!

Kelly

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I like the look of the chair so I'm very hesitant to say, "Yes, cut a hole in it." Seems like a bit much to me. Why not paint it a fresh color and use it as a plant stand as is?! Or, plop a colorful seat cushion on it to cover the crack and continue to use it as seating.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I would paint it and put a seat cushion on it but if you really don't want to use it as a chair anymore, I have seen them mounted on the wall as side tables or nightstands.

Manuela