Friday, July 24, 2009

slithering

The other day I mentioned a wonderful afternoon and evening cooking and eating with friends.


I wanted to share a little more about it.

We have a Bible study on Tuesday nights and having the summers off as a teacher and school librarian, Brenda and I took the opportunity to get together and fix dinner and invite everyone over before the study so we could hang out and talk more.


This week we decided to have salad, English muffin pizzas and a flourless chocolate cake.

We found the recipe here.

It was fun to make and yummy to eat.

One funny and delightful thing about it to me was that it used the word "slithering".

In the recipe.

That was a new one for me.


See?

There it is.

And isn't that a great description of how it works when you separate egg whites and yolks?


All ready to begin.


Brenda melting the chocolate.


And let the slithering begin . . .





Things were going along quite nicely and then we started to whip the egg whites.








um . . .


everywhere



EVERYWHERE! :)




But, my blogging friend Jen has a blog called Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and I was able to recognize the beauty that followed our bedlam. :)


a pretty table


friends starting to come

making pizzas together from a table full of toppings

a yummy, healthy salad

and of course that great dessert which we unfortunately forgot to take a picture of! oh! And, even when I intend to take group photos when people come over I more often that not forget! I get caught up in everyone being over and hanging out and it escapes my mind. Do you take photos with friends over? How do you remember to do it? Put your camera in the middle of the dinner table? :)

Have a great one! Kelly

7 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I think I need an egg separator thing-y...

Beautiful table!

Kimmie said...

I always look like that when I bake!

Karen said...

If he egg whites hadn't exploded, you might not remember the delightful evening as much. Sometimes a little mishap adds to the fun.

If that was our "Kim" who said, "I always look like that when I bake!" may I add, "She always looks like that when she eats....just kidding little sister."

Deborah said...

Slithering? That makes separating eggs sound almost fun!

Anonymous said...

It was such a fun evening. Thanks Kelly & Brenda!!

Anonymous said...

Oops I forgot to sign that last anonymous comment...~ Renae :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea for finding the beauty in the bedlam. What a fun memory you will have from that, and it looks just like the best ever evening with friends. :) YEA!! Thanks for sharing.