Monday, July 20, 2009

thrifty finds

I have been taking advantage of my time off this summer to shop at garage sales, thrift stores and estate sales. It has been a lot of fun to "treasure hunt".

Some of my finds are the box of Pottery Barn "faux snow" which I will use in Christmas decorating and displays and the heirloom white spray paint that I read about DIY-ers using all over blogland. I have already used some to paint a picture frame bought at another estate sale.

I am also excited about these dominos that I was able to pick up at a yard sale.

It's fun to see what bargains others have found.
Kelly

9 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I wish I would find paint at a garage sale! I love using the Heirloom White paint too, and thank goodness it's not too expensive, because I feel like I go through a can a week!

Sue said...

oooh, cool snow.... Christmas will be here before we know it! LOL Spray paint is always a good buy at a sale. Sue

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

great finds!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I haven't seen the faux snow yet, but I didn't get into blogging until just before Christmas last year. Will have to start reading those old posts. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

Helen Joy said...

I love the dominos! One of my favorite games:-)

Stephanie @ A Fine House said...

Love the dominoes. Those would look great all poured into a large glass vase.

A Tale of Two Cities said...

You are so creative--that is what summers are made for! Enjoy your time off.

Candace said...

Those dominoes are fabulous!

And that snow looks like fun too. Who says you can't spread it around and have a little Christmas in July? It might make you feel a little cooler too.

Nicole A. said...

Awesome finds, especially the paint, what a deal!