Tuesday, July 14, 2009

today

so far I've made a return, a Wal-mart run, gone on a treasure hunt at Goodwill and had a fun lunch out with my husband. It was a *little* cooler this morning but I'm glad to be in the ac now. Your ideas for keeping cool are good, keep 'em coming. :)

So at Goodwill I got several treasures including the ones in the photos above and below. I am planning to frame the fork a la Nester. My mind is percolating with ideas for the top items. What would YOU do with them?

p.s. the finial the fork is leaning on is from my Pittsburgh shopping trip. :)

Kelly

3 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Love, love, love that three-pronged fork! Nice find.

Rachel said...

Hi! I don't think I've commented here before, but I think I found your blog through Like Merchant Ships a while ago. If those round boxes are wood, I'd paint them black and then paint white numbers on them. Or, paint white and wrap with favorite ribbons to complement the colors of a room or for a seasonal theme. Good finds!

Rachel said...

Oh, and I think the pedestal thing would be cool painted and then used to hold an open Bible.