Wednesday, July 8, 2009

you're right!

so sorry for the blurry picture, but yes, we next stayed the night in Kansas.

Our only hotel of the road trip but we wanted to get some miles in that night so we wouldn't have as far to go the next day . . .

We got to see Megan's beautiful Kansas. It was really neat.

I found two old cake pans at that antique shop. The bottoms come out of them meaning that you don't lose chunks of cake sticking to the bottom of the pan. You can just cleanly run your knife between the bottom of the pan and the cake.

We ate at a little cafe and had a cherry phosphate with ice cream added. :)

One thing I do miss about Texas when I'm away though . . . Blue Bell . . . the ice cream in the phosphate was soft serve! Oh my!

Have you ever been to Kansas? What do you like there? Favorite places to eat/shop?

I'm off to scrapbook with a friend today! What are you doing today? Kelly

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I would love to know someone else here in L-ville!

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

I went to college in Hays, KS and we also lived for seven years in Emporia. Downtown Hays has really been revived since we lived there. CS Post is a fun store! I bet a lot of people would be surprised to know that it is in western Kansas.