Saturday, January 16, 2010

winter days

photo courtesy of my husband

How has your week been?

Mine has been full, wintry, good, busy, exciting, sickly, etc.

After a long, busy week in which I think I just wore myself out, I am heading into the weekend having gotten LOTS of sleep since school let our yesterday and ready to renew.

Some exciting fun things from this past week:

We are officially in the third trimester!

Wow! Homestretch here we come!

And speaking of stretching, little one is doing just that quite a bit and I feel it but it's so fun too. :)

Also, the much anticipated day of my sprint contract expiration arrived and I got an iphone! I'm so excited!

If you have one too, I would love to hear what your favorite app is.

Also, does anyone (of you local folks) know of a brick and mortar store that might carry cloth ipod cases similar to the ones I've found on etsy? I have been happy with my experience each time I've ordered on etsy but sometimes you just feel like touching the product and seeing it with your own two eyes while you're deciding what you want.

Here are some of the things I'm looking at on etsy:






Have a happy Saturday! Don't forget to tell me your favorite app. :)

Kelly

9 comments:

Karen said...

Love the photo.
Love that you got some good sleep.
LOVE that you are now part of the cool people (iPhone owners)
Love your little one stretching away!
One of my favorite baby things is when they stretch their little arms and legs out and just hold them that way for a few seconds. It makes my heart happy. Can't wait to have that little "stretcher" in my arms.

Anonymous said...

Great photo! As to the iPhone apps, I don't have a ton of them. Bible Reader is good. CheckWord is good for playing scrabble. Whatever you do, don't get SolFree (solitaire.) I've wasted SO much time with that one...

Love, Rebecca

Gina said...

Ahh, I just love that sweet baby is moving and grooving. These are the last few months and you guys will form your own special bond. There's nothing quite like it.

Now as for iPhone apps....YEA that you got one by the way. My faves are CraigsPro...it's quick search Craigslist. Gorillacam, Shazaam, Weatherbug, and we have AT&T Navigator....you pay for it, but it is the best GPS we've ever used. It will get you anywhere.

Tiffany said...

Are you looking for a case for you iphone or ipod? I got one for my ipod thats fabric at best buy and has a clip and looks similar to these several years ago. It just slides right in. I highly recommend a hard plastic case/cover type thing for your phone! Just my advice. I never dropped my other phone, but have managed to drop this phone SOOO many times and my case has literally saved it each time I've dropped it on the ground. I know others who when they have dropped it, if it hits in the right spot, the screen shatters. Just a recommendation:)

Marla Robbins Finley said...

Cool. I like these apps:
Grocery Gadget
Facebook
Twitter
Planets
Pandora

I like my protective case by Incipio. If I had a case, I probably wouldn't use it much because I use the phone so much I wouldn't want to put it away in a case. It has held up just fine loose in my purse with the protective case.

Have fun!!!

Marla Robbins Finley said...

Oh--and YouVersion has TONS of translations of the Bible at your fingertips for free. It's great.

Mandy Gibson said...

I just got "Ping!" It is an app that costs $0.99 but you can text for FREE between iPhone users that have the app. I'll mail you a dollar in the mail if you would get it!

Julie said...

I don't have the phone, but I have an iTouch, and I LOVE my Amazon Kindle reader...it's a free app, but the books that you download cost. (But it's cheaper than purchasing the book). I think we may have talked about this on Tuesday. Sorry if this is a repeat.

I also love my free Sodoku (very addictive). I have a bunch of other apps, but I don't use the rest of them very often.

Tanya said...

I love shake it photo. It has a fake, vintage poloroid. Super cute! I LOVE pandora (free) and I put it right into my docking station and it plays over the speakers. I can set the station to kids songs for the kids, really fun.