Friday, March 19, 2010

spending a little time today . . .

"creating" artwork for the baby's nursery out of sweetly written shower cards, etc.

It is a pleasant way to spend a morning.

Speaking of family . . .

we have chosen to not find out if this little one I am carrying is a boy or a girl.

We are very excited to find out on delivery day!!

We're less than four weeks now from our due date.

If you'd like to take a guess as to whether the baby is a boy or a girl, I've put a poll up on the side bar. It would be fun to hear what you think. I won't know who thinks what unless you also tell me in the comments. If you have a reason for thinking one way or another, you can leave that in the comments too.

People ask me if I think I know, have a strong feeling either way, etc. and I really don't. Some days I think one, other days the other. It will be a big surprise, that's for sure! Our doctor doesn't even know as he's not the one who does the sonograms and the sonographer didn't write it down anywhere or tell anyone. Our doctor is excited about the surprise factor on delivery day too because hardly anyone does it this way anymore.

I know that God knows exactly who belongs in our family next and that He is orchestrating the whole thing in His timing.


Kelly

edited to add: you guys are driving me crazy voting and not telling me who you are! :)



15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea to make artwork out of the cards!!! Wish I had thought of that...four babies ago. :)

Ashley said...

I voted for girl. Not sure why excpet we have dear family friends that have THREE BEAUTIFUL RED HEADED GIRLS....(Mia, Savannah, and Ivy) Aren't those names precious??

Hilary said...

I voted BOY :)

Hilary said...

The card thing is cute too :)

Karen said...

I am not voting because I would have to vote twice. As you know, I tend to say "he" when I'm referring to Little One. Some days I think it is a precious little girl, others I can just see a precious baby boy. Either way, at this point, I can say I'm excited to be surprised.

Ashley said...

So happy for you, Kelly. I didn't find out the first 2 times and did the 3rd. My gut was "boy" both times, but was very wrong the 2nd time. I am so happy for you. You are so creative and organized. You will be an amazing mommy.

Becky said...

I voted for boy. I'm not sure why I think so..... Super cute art!!! We're so excited for you!

Kimmie said...

Well, we haven't had a girl in the family in a while, but you know how much I love boys too, so I think I'm gonna be giddy glad either way!

Beth said...

I voted girl.

I thought my first three were boys, and they were all girls. Stopped guessing w/number 4. Girl! Trying not to guess too much with #5!

One thing's for sure, it's ALL good, whether it's boy or girl. When girl came out, I blurted out "Oh, I WANTED a girl!" (having never even consciously acknowledged it to myself!)

BR said...

I voted for boy BECAUSE....
I THINK IT WILL BE A BOY!
So there! Ha!

Kori said...

I can't decide. I can see you eith either as a first. :-) What a fun moment it will be to hear "it's a ???!".

Lori said...

We didn't find out either with our twin girls. Second pregnancy, the boy pressure was too much. We were delighted to learn of our third girl and name her before she arrived. It was so fun "not knowing". We did know we were having twins ahead of time.

mindy said...

i voted girl, because i think you'll have fun being crafty and artsy with a daughter...not that you won't do that with a boy too:) i'm impressed with your patience to wait and see!! we find out next week!

Brenda said...

I'm saying boy simply because everyone else I know is having a girl :)

emily said...

I like your artwork! I realized I look at your blog almost daily & yet never post, so here's a little hello & 'your blog is fantastic' from me!! I like that you're not finding out, too-- a past dream of mine, shattered the day the sonogram technician said, "do you want to know what it is?" ;) I have no feeling either way on what you might go home with... & after living my entire life swearing I would only be happy w/daughters, I have to say that having a little boy is AMAZING & I would gladly never have a girl if that is what God has planned for us. (I would love it if we had one, too!) Anyway, I can't believe just under 4 wks for you-- they will fly by-- SLEEP is my best advice :) Love you!!