Wednesday, August 4, 2010

the stroll

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Mr. Man took a "stroll" in Alaska before a true hike.

This is the estuary where we walked the boardwalks designed to protect the habitat.

Little Guy was feeling a little jet lag I think.

Salmonberries grow like crazy this time of year. They are so beautiful and make good desserts too! You've got to be quick and get them before the bears do though. They like them a lot also.
Have you ever had a salmonberry?

What's your favorite kind of berry?

Mine is probably strawberry.

Kelly

3 comments:

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I've never heard of salmonberries--did you try any?

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Never even heard of a salmonberry. What do they taste like?

I'm a blueberry girl.

emily said...

Blackberries for me, please.

A salmonberry is suspect... Does it taste like fish because what the heck else can it possibly taste like?