Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving table

When I go to my in-laws' house I usually am in charge of setting the table.

I like it. I like having something that from the beginning of me going to visit there kind of has been "my job". It's safe (unless I drop and break something I guess) and it gives me a niche.

Plus, I find it fun to play around with other peoples' things to create vignettes. It's a new perspective from using your own stuff.

This is our Thanksgiving table from last year.

I'm not sure my father-in-law would have ever expected that his spool of twine would find it's way from the basement to the dining table centerpiece. :)

leaves from the yard snatched up quickly as it was beginning to rain, nuts found in the kitchen, pears robbed from the fruit bowl . . .

The majority voted to forgo the turkey in favor of lamb.

I must say it was quite tasty.

Sweet potato casserole with pecans, cranberry salad, brussel sprouts . . .

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Looking forward to making more memories tomorrow with the other side of our family.

We are very blessed to have wonderful family and feasts on both sides!

Happy Turkey day tomorrow!

Kelly

p.s. do you watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade? I like it.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

so fun to have an assignment that you can take and make your own. I love seeing your touches on the tablescape! enjoy your family this weekend.

Lori said...

Will put the parade on as soon as I wake up! Happy Thanksgiving.

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

A lovely table! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. I'll bet I know who is at the top of your thankful list this year!!!