Tuesday, February 1, 2011

happy heart month


Happy February 1st!

We have a snow day around these parts today!

How about you?

Thank you all so very, very much for your input about our new food sensitivities.

It helped me so much to feel like I had support and ideas to try. Thank you for your prayers as it has been easier so far than I expected although there have been hard moments here and there. I know the ease of it so far has been because of God's faithfulness to us in and hearing our prayers.

Following Mindy's advice I went through my recipe box and pulled all of the cards that had recipes with only ingredients that we can have right now. I also went through and marked two cookbooks and one of my Martha Stewart Everyday Food magazines. That definitely gives us starting places. We made a trip to Central Market on Saturday which is always a treat but usually a pricey one so not something we've done in quite some time. We picked up ground flax seed that my sister-in-law told me is good for an egg substitute, "all purpose" non-wheat flour, a chocolate cake mix that is wheat free (I have a Valentine's plan in mind for this!) a couple different varieties of almond milk, etc.

I'll keep you posted.

Have a wonderful day!

Kelly



2 comments:

Deborah said...

So glad you are feeling more at peace with the situation! If I know you like I think I do, you will have the most incredible "stick-to-it" attitude!!

Karen said...

What is in the heart bowl? I am stumped.