Tuesday, May 10, 2011

ten on ten - May 2011

I didn't feel much like taking pictures today.

Many of you already know but for those who don't, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after we moved here. The emotional, physical and mental upheaval of moving combined with the emotional, physical and mental trauma of dealing with this intruder into our lives has me in a place where I just don't really feel myself.

God is faithful and I am trusting in Him but that doesn't mean that it's easy to be sunny right now or to care as much about things that I usually do.

I decided to do a post with ten photos that have been taken since we moved to Colorado. Enjoy.



our moving truck before we began unloading

the "dungeon room" in the basement of a house we saw while house hunting

This is *not* the house we picked, don't worry!

What possesses someone to make a room like this do you think?

My little mister has taken to climbing up in the dishwasher to help Nana, Daddy or whoever else might be loading or unloading the dishwasher.

David on top of a mountain with his Daddy.

David and Nana playing "catch"

My little guy has learned to climb the stairs! It is so much fun to watch. Any advice on teaching him how to climb *down* the stairs safely would be much appreciated.

My kind brother-in-law was in town today and offered to take David on a hike and I could have an afternoon to myself. I stopped in at this shopping center for an ice cream cone at Maggie Moos, went couch shopping (didn't find one yet) and had a great chat with a friend on the phone.

I got this huge basket for only $3 a couple of weeks ago at a sale in someone's front yard. I think that most, if not all of the things they were selling had been props in a theater. I am excited to see where this basket lands and what it holds in our new house. I was giving it a good hosing down outside and thought that it looked pretty against the tree. I'm thinking of painting it. Color suggestions?

A fun photo that Adrian took of David and I on top of a mountain in our new (old) truck. It was taken with a film camera (remember those?) hence the coloring.

Look who is learning to stand on his own (and help around the house).
He loves vacuum cleaners.

If you don't have one of these swiffer vacuums, I highly recommend it. We were given ours as a wedding gift and I will forever be grateful.

photos three, four, nine and ten by Adrian

more ten on ten posts here

15 comments:

Sherry said...

Great pictures. Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope you are enjoying Colorado! Looks beautiful.

Jenni said...

great pics.... I wanna hear more about the truck! :-)

love you!!

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! She will be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you and your mom and family. I saw this funny baby video and thought of David. You need to teach him this trick and just motivate him and he can do this too! :) May this bring a smile to your face today.

http://youtu.be/Nr19QX1p44c

Julie said...

Where do you get film developed? How strange is it that we are probably the last generation that will know how to work a film camera! A truck seems appropriate for the mountains. As for the color of the basket...purple ;) just kidding, for you I would think either a bright color (with a good story on how you got the paint for nothing) or clean white. LOVE the jacket on little man!

Love you!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Fun photos! We have a dishwasher climber too!

I wasn't feeling the 10 on 10 this month either. Life is too complicated right now.

I'm still praying for your mom, and for you.

Sarah B said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom! I'm double glad you will be close by her now.
I think I recognize the shopping center with Maggie Moo's - if there's a Panera Bread on the other side, then we stopped there last fall when I was in town :)

Kori said...

climbing down the stairs - teach him to back down! Takes time and many trips (you can get your exercise in) but is well worth it. I have had two kids learn to walk with stairs in the house and they haven't fallen down them yet (now ages 4.5 and 2.5)! I have fallen when carrying one though...We do use a top of the stairs gate for night time so no kids decide to go downstairs in the dark, but it stays open all day so they can access their toys in their room!

Bethany Cassity said...

We're thinking of you, Kelly, and praying for your mom!

Always an Adventure said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. Seems to be lots of prayers needed for lots of people I 'know'. Will pray for your family.

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

I hope that everything works out with our mom, I still need my mom...a lot, I will keep yours in my thoughts and prayers.

On a more upbeat point- my little man loves to "help" with the dishwasher as well.

Best,

elena

Jessica H said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. What a blessing for you to be there in town with her while she goes through this though. I'll keep her in my prayers!

Rachel said...

Saw your mom's recent posts about surgery but didn't know what it was for. So sorry that you're all having to go through this, but so glad that you're all together. Will be praying!

Ashley said...

Oh Kelly, my heart sank when reading about your precious mother. :( So very sorry about the diagnosis, but thanking God that you are there with her and close by. Praying for full recovery!

BR said...

Kelly & Karen,
Wow. It has been a year on the breast cancer road already. I hope the recovery is coming along well. I love you both so much.
Betty