Wednesday, June 15, 2011

grass!


I have lived in Texas my whole life until now (and excepting the years I was in college in Arkansas) and I am used to green grassy lawns.

As we looked at houses here in Colorado, I saw backyards that were rocks or dirt or very poor excuses for grass and I was sad to think of my little boy playing in the dirt (which he probably would love of course) rather than having a "proper" grassy lawn.

This move has been full of emotional pitfalls and I have been meditating on Psalm 23 a lot.

After we had put a contract in on this house and were waiting to close it dawned on me one day that the house I believe God led us to has grass. Beautiful, well taken care of, grass!

Green pastures!

"He makes me lie down in green pastures" (from Psalm 23 NIV)

What a comfort to realize and remember that God cares about me and wants to take care of me. Even when facing big things like cancer and missing friends and just the stress of having life in transition, "He makes me lie down in green pastures". He cares. He gives me blessings big and small. I need only to look to Him.

Lest you think I am great at this, the whole grass thing hit me in the face that day. Sometimes over the past few months I've questioned, doubted, had trouble really feeling trust in God even though in my mind I knew that was what I would do, my feelings were not quick to catch up.

He is good. "He makes me lie down in green pastures".

I am thankful for this grass and hope I will always remember the realization of God's provision for me through it's presence at my home.

How have you seen God care for you personally?

Kelly

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Again:) I just posted a comment on your previous post:) If you decide to come to Ikea when it opens...I live right by it:) We could meet up there:) FUN!

Karen said...

Yes, I have in a million ways. And on a funny note, now God is letting you take care of and mow those green pastures. He is loving and has a great sense of humor and also created squirrels and skunks for our enjoyment.