Sunday, January 15, 2012

two friends


You know what?

I'd like to ask you for something today.

I'd like to ask you to consider something.

January 12th marked the second anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti.

I'll be honest, I don't think about Haiti a whole lot.

I am so thankful for a couple of my blogging friends who keep me on my toes and open up my eyes.

When I began reading blogs on the 12th late (really late) in the evening. I was excited to see this fundraiser that The Adventure Project is doing.

It's called You+Me.

It's all about the ripple effect.

"We want to turn the second anniversary of the Haiti earthquake into a day of record-breaking impact.

It's a simple idea. We are each finding 2 friends. Two friends who will recognize the anniversary by sponsoring a $20 charcoal-efficient stove for a family in Haiti. And the movement begins when those two friends reach out to their 2 friends.

These stoves are revolutionary, allowing families to breathe easier, cook faster, and increase their income by saving on fuel costs. The money saved is money used to send their kids to school, start small businesses, and eat more nutritious food. The stoves are produced locally in Port au Prince and sold by women entrepreneurs. It's a sustainable business model providing a life-saving product.

VivianCola

So we are marking this anniversary with a ripple movement of friends.
2 years, 2 friends, 2 stoves.

Buy your stove. And find your two friends."

So back to what I'd like to ask you.

Will you please consider finding $20 this month to use to buy a stove for a family in Haiti?

I would really appreciate it.

I have already bought my stove by being one of another fundraisers "two friends".

I really believe in these stoves. They are saving the lives of babies who will not be dying from the toxic smoke of the fires that are their other cooking alternative.

I would love for you to check out this post that really explains a lot about the stoves from Jody who has seen them in use with her own two eyes.

Technically the goal is to each find two friends so I'll be REALLY happy if I have two friends who take the challenge.

I set my sights kind of high though.

Last week 164 of you visited my blog. 70% of you were returning visitors - my friends, either in real life or just here in this space.

If just 50 of you will buy a stove for Haiti then I will reach my goal.

(told you I set my sights high)

But 70% of 164 visitors in a week is 114 people, 114 stoves . . . I think we can reach 50, don't you?!

You can make your donation for a stove for Haiti through the Adventure Project by clicking HERE

This is exciting! We are going to change lives!

THANK YOU!!!

Kelly




1 comment:

Karen Gibson said...

Just purchased a stove. Thanks for the opportunity!