Tuesday, September 4, 2012

day two

So our little trip was actually a not so little trip.

Here's how it went down . . . 




So Adrian's boss says something to the effect of "hey, there's this conference in Munich, you in?" and since it's covered by the company and all then yep, he's in.  So then, you may or may not know that Adrian has family in England who would LOVE for us to visit but this mama has admittedly been putting off an overseas flight with a little guy but then now seems like the time . . . 

so, we went and I'm glad we did but boy did it have it's ups and downs!

So day one I think I have one or two photos of but I don't know where they are but basically Adrian was already over there for the conference and not wanting to just find things for David and I to do by ourselves in a foreign country every day for the whole conference I opted to come on the last day.  

Which meant flying by myself over the ocean with a two year old.  

What was I thinking?

So basically, day one consisted of an extremely early morning flight, 7 hours of hanging out at O'hare and playing in their really super cool play area (thankfully!),  a LONG lunch at Macaroni Grill in the airport - best money ever spent - as we got waited on and David got to color and I sort of got a little break, my button popping off my favorite jeans in the family bathroom and *thankfully* God knew in advance that would happen and had me pack a safety pin "to hold my keys" that I quickly realized needed to become a repair for my pants (what would I have done flying over the ocean with falling down jeans?  I don't know!) and then getting on an 8 hour flight somewhere around 6 p.m. with a poor boy who hasn't gotten a nap all day.

The above photo is what I look like after all of that, not sleeping on the plane hardly and then getting to take a glorious shower and nap at the hotel and have some lunch and then going out with Adrian's co-workers for a delicious Greek dinner in Germany.

Why not, right?

And here is one happy boy finally getting to ride the trains in Germany (well, this is a subway really) that his Daddy has been sending pictures of all week.




So there you have it, the beginning of our adventure!  

Kelly

4 comments:

Jenni said...

can't wait to hear more!

Karen said...

Andvyearsfrom now you'll forget the bad parts and have great memories of the good. So glad you're home.

Kori said...

Adorable! Sorry about the plane rides though I'm sure it was worth it. Can't wait to hear more.

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Sounds familiar. Jackson slept only one hour on the way to London from Houston. Yet he did remarkably well with no jet lag to speak of. So glad you guys made the trip!